Taxes – particularly Value-Added Tax, also known as VAT – are often one of the most neglected topics in online business. Many new online entrepreneurs are unaware that they must pay VAT taxes and of the special rules around selling digital products.
In this episode, I discuss the VAT in online business and the VAT rules for online entrepreneurs. I go over the revenue limitations and requirements for paying VAT as a small online business provider and when you should be paying VAT on services you receive from abroad.
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Identifying the Value-Added Tax
- Examples of VAT exemptions
- Registering your company for VAT
- When to apply VAT on the products and services you sell
- VAT rules regarding buying and selling digital products
- The importance of charging VAT upfront as a product or service provider
- EU Vat Action Campaign Facebook group
- Latest update from the Action Campaign relevant for small online businesses
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.