Our Community Guidelines
How to Get the Most Out of The SOMBA Community
By following these guidelines, we build a safe and supportive community together. By being a part of this community you agree to the rules listed below.
NO SELF PROMOTION
No self-promotion is allowed, except on the designated posts, or where otherwise stated.
Definition of self-promotion:
- selling anything – that means products, services, courses, events and programs
- promoting your webinar, live broadcast or event
- posting a link to your OWN website
- posting affiliate links
- posting your own content in the group and not in a specific (and relevant) thread.
- posting photos with your social handles, URLs or business name on them AND posting “free” offers
- posting links to surveys or creating surveys in the group or asking market research related questions.
- posting full blog post content, or a post that is a length of a blog post, even without a link.
We may break our own rule and promote something if we feel it is useful to the group. We reserve that right as it is our group and community.
Examples of what is NOT allowed and is considered a promotion:
- I need more signups for my challenge/webinar/summit, could you please go to my page and like/share my post OR could you please share my link, just PM me and I’ll send you the link
- I am doing a virtual summit on topics A, B, C, comment below if you would like to participate OR PM me if you would like to participate and I’ll get back to you
- I am thinking of creating an academy with courses from other coaches, let me know if you would like to add your course to the academy
- I am doing my first 3-part video series and here is a link to it so you can check it out
- Could you please fill out this survey so I can get clear on my ideal client
Examples of what is allowed and is not considered a promotion:
- My landing page is converting at only 20% but I know I should aim for at least 40% conversion and I cannot see what is wrong with the page, can you give your honest feedback so I can improve it (include a link to landing page)
- My FB ad cost is very high, EUR 30 instead of my goal of EUR 5, and I don’t see myself what is wrong with my ad, could you give me your honest feedback so I can improve my ad (include a screenshot of FB ad)
- I just wrapped up my launch and I want to share with you what went well and what could have gone better (include a launch review breakdown)
- I am unsure how to market to my ideal client, this is what my ideal client is XXX, where do you think my ideal client hangs out?
- I am looking for a name for my new program, the program is XXX and I have three names in mind, could you please vote on the one you think fits the description of the program best (include Facebook poll)
NO POSTING OF VIDEOS
No creating videos, posting videos of yourself or streaming LIVE into the Group.
NO PRIVATE MESSAGES TO SELL YOUR SERVICE
Don’t friend a fellow SOMBA with the sole purpose of selling your service.
If you friend a fellow SOMBA and shortly after send them a private message on how they can sign up for your freebie or buy one of your services, then that is considered promotion and sleazy marketing tactics. Don’t do it.
NO SOLICITATION OR REQUESTS TO MESSAGE YOU
Do not post in the group and ask people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help or to work with you. Your post will be removed.
DON’T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO ADMINS
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, if your post is okay or any other question related to this group, email us at email@example.com.
We will reply to your email in a timely manner during business hours of Monday – Friday, 9-5 ET.
DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE
If you choose to hire anyone or create any relationship with fellow SOMBA members, do so at your own discretion. Please do your research and use written contracts and agreements with clear expectations and terms. Sigrun is not responsible for any unfavorable circumstances that may occur as a result of relationships formed within our communities.
We don’t own Facebook (unfortunately). Should they change their terms or start charging for Facebook groups, we may move our group elsewhere. Also, if group guidelines are consistently not met, the Facebook group may also be closed.
Remember, this community is about learning how to start and grow your business, not turn fellow members into customers. The purpose of our group is to connect with fellow SOMBA members, share ideas, wins, ask questions and make connections.
While we have a community manager, we’re not here to monitor Facebook, we’re here to support you and your Lifestyle Business. Thank you, in advance, for your understanding and cooperation.
ON SUBGROUPS: FORMING AND SHARING
In addition to our Official Facebook Community, there are a number of approved Subgroups that are listed in our main group. Please do not create a new subgroup without express permission from Sigrun. We monitor all subgroups, not to be controlling, but to be sure that our brand stays consistent and information shared within these groups is approved and accurate.
Please keep in mind that Lifestyle Business, SOMBA and Sigrun are trademarked and cannot be used without legal repercussions.
The Facebook group is not the place to get technical support for SOMBA. If you see a fellow member asking for technical support, please direct them to contact SIGRUN or her team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All opinions, advice and other information shared by members in discussions or comments are those of the author. Use information at your own risk. Any members are urged to attain professional advice for specific, individual situations as needed.
WHAT HAPPENS IF GUIDELINES AREN’T FOLLOWED?
We may delete your post without notice. If your post is deleted, it’s probably unsuitable based on our terms and we removed it without notice.
If multiple violations occur, we may reach out to you and let you know that you’re in violation of our terms. Our legal team may reach out to you. We may remove you from the SOMBA program and community without refund.
If you have any questions about our guidelines please email us at email@example.com
NOW… LET’S BUILD YOUR LIFESTYLE BUSINESS TOGETHER!
Sigrun and Team