Podcast Movement is a conference for podcasters, aspiring podcasters, and podcast service providers such as editors, software vendors, and hardware vendors. I first heard about Podcast Movement while attending the Social Media Marketing World conference earlier this year and I decided to attend this year’s conference in Philadelphia.
In this episode, I share my top 10 takeaways from the Podcast Movement 2018 conference, some interesting statistics regarding the growth of the podcast medium, and why podcasters need to submit their shows to more places than Apple Podcasts. I explain why it is difficult for podcast episodes to “go viral” and what podcasters can do to create viral-worthy marketing content to promote their show. I also share some of the marketing strategies I learned that work well for many podcasters as well as creative ways podcasters are growing their audience, engaging with their listeners, and developing new content ideas for their shows.“You are building a connection with your podcast. You are not in the convincing business.” - Sigrun
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Interesting statistics regarding the podcast industry’s growth
- Challenges potential podcast listeners face when trying to find and listen to podcasts
- Why the “podcast” term could be confusing for potential new listeners
- The importance of using Apple Podcast links instead of iTunes links on your website
- Why podcasters need to submit their shows to Spotify, Overcast, and the new Google Podcasts app
- Why podcasters need to teach their audience how to download and tune into podcasts on their mobile device
- The current average number of active and inactive podcasts
- How to create viral-worthy content to promote your podcast episodes
- How to promote your podcast on podcast apps
- Social media sites that work best for promoting your podcast
- Using carousel Facebook ads to promote your show
- Marketing strategies you can use to promote your podcast
- What is a podcast avatar and why podcasters need to create one
- How to gain new ideas and inspiration for podcast topics from your audience
- The importance of testing different episode lengths to see what works best for your audience
- Using Facebook Live to help you increase your podcast downloads
- Getting feedback from your audience to use in your podcast episodes
- Including social proof metrics in the intro of your podcast episodes and how it can help you build authority
- What are Dynamic Ad inserts?
Top 10 Takeaways from Podcast Movement 2018:
- Podcasting is growing.
- The podcasting landscape is changing.
- Videos are more likely to go viral than a podcast episode.
- You can advertise your podcast on podcast apps.
- Use Instagram, Insta Stories, and Facebook ads to advertise your podcast.
- Create a podcast avatar.
- The length of your episodes do not matter – but your audience might care.
- Increase your podcast downloads with complimentary activities.
- Add social proof elements to the intro of your episodes.
- Use Dynamic Ad inserts.
- Episode 207: How to Be a Great Podcast Guest and Run a Top Show with Nicole Holland
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.