Jo Dodds is the founder of Counterpoint Matters Ltd and the host of the POWER to Live More podcast. She helps leaders and business owners improve their productivity and overcome feeling overwhelmed by pursuing wellbeing through engagement and self-care. After working in Human Resources in the corporate world for 20 years, she started a business 12 years ago with the goal to work from home and raise a family. Today, she not only cares for her daughter, but she also helps her clients have better relations with their employees to ultimately achieve personal and organizational wellbeing.
Jo talks about the 5 fundamentals to overcome digital overwhelm and the two things that are pulling people in different directions that eventually result in becoming unfocused and unproductive. She also discusses why this generation is afraid to miss out and the importance of being intentional.
[easy-tweet tweet=”“It’s about knowing enough to build some confidence to just do your own thing.” – Jo Dodds”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- What led Jo’s career journey to begin focusing on general wellbeing, self-care, and productivity
- How to minimize digital distractions
- Overcoming the fear of missing out
- Steps to take when you are feeling overwhelmed
- Why she doesn’t do massive goal setting
- The impact of being intentional and developing a mission-based plan
- The importance of slowing down to allow yourself to think and be creative
- How singing impacts your mind and body
- The benefits of working based on your ‘body clock’
- Her definition of productivity
- You have to do the things that you enjoy and want to do.
- Simplify. Systemize. Share. Self-Care. Sustain.
- Live your days based on your body clock.
- As a night owl, if you try to match your work schedule to everyone else’s, it can be detrimental to your health.