Mark Schaefer is the Executive Director of Schaefer Marketing Solutions, LLC., a social media marketing consultant and keynote speaker. He is the author of several books including Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age and The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies to Ignite Your Content, Your Marketing, and Your Business.
His speech at the Social Media Marketing World 2017 conference was one that inspired me to launch The Sigrun Show with 100 episodes in 100 days. He joins me today to share his entrepreneurial journey, how he transitioned from the corporate world to becoming a recognized consultant, speaker, and author, and what inspired him to write the book Known.
He also shares many valuable tips and strategies for aspiring, new entrepreneurs to become recognized in their fields, necessary steps to take to become recognized as an expert, and why determining which medium to use is important in your content marketing strategy.Everybody starts as a nobody, so you shouldn’t be afraid of that. –@markwschaefer
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How his experiences planted the seed for writing Known
- Why it’s important to remember that people aren’t born experts
- Standing out in the noisy world of content marketing
- Strategies for becoming known in your field
- Simple strategies to achieve vast reach and vast connections with your audience
- Why consistent content is critical to your ability to gain recognition
- The distinction between building a social media following and an audience that matters
- How storytelling helps move concepts into action
- Your purpose is what keeps you going, even when you don’t feel like going anymore
- Everyone has the opportunity to be known. The question is – will they persist?
Mark’s 4 Strategies for Becoming Known in Your Industry:
- Be clear on what you want to be known for.
- Find a place to share your story.
- Learn how to tell your story.
- Pursue an audience that matters.
Connect with Mark Schaefer:
- Businesses Grow website
- The Marketing Companion Podcast
- Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age
- The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies to Ignite Your Content, Your Marketing, and Your Business
Be Inspired. Think Big. Take Action & Turn Your Passion Into Profits.
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode and want to be inspired, think big, and take action, head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! Help us inspire more people to think big, take action, and turn their passions into profits by sharing your favorite episodes with your friends on your social media sites.
Grab Your Free Training!
Want to turn your passion into profits? Sign up for my free webinar.