Kate Erickson, Creator, Engager, and Implementer at EOFire joins me to share tips and strategies on how to easily start a podcast.
Over the last several years, the podcasting industry has grown significantly. More entrepreneurs are considering launching a podcast, but many become overwhelmed by the amount of time involved in planning, researching, and finally launching on the platform.
In many ways, I felt the exact same way. I first got the idea to launch a podcast about two years ago, but the idea of creating a new content strategy seemed overwhelming. That is, until I attended the Social Media Marketing World Conference this year. At the conference, I heard many inspiring stories from people like you and me who have taken the leap of faith, launched a podcast, and are now sharing their experiences with the world!
Kate shares how she got started in the entrepreneurial world and what inspired her to launch her podcast. She shares tips and strategies on how new podcasters can overcome the “content creation overwhelm” that many of us experience, as well as the tools she uses to produce her show.You don’t have to have fancy equipment to make your podcast sound amazing.” – @katelerickson
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Repurposing blog posts to create content for your podcast.
- The number of episodes Kate launched with (as advised by John Lee Dumas)
- Why she transitioned from episodic shows to seasonal shows
- Tips for encouraging show growth with seasonal episodes
- Kate’s podcasting setup
- Using outlines and scripts as a new podcast host
- How podcasting has impacted her personal and entrepreneurial life
Kate’s Tips on Starting a Podcast:
- Don’t get overwhelmed by the things you think you should do.
- Take one step at a time. Remember, you just have to take the very first step.
Kate’s podcasting setup
- Macbook Pro
- Apple Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB
Mentioned in This Episode:
Connect with Kate Erickson:
Be Inspired. Think Big. Take Action & Turn Your Passion Into Profits.
If you enjoyed this episode and want to be inspired, think big, and take action, head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! Help us inspire more people to think big, take action, and turn their passions into profits by sharing your favorite episodes with your friends on your social media sites.
Grab Your Free Training!
Want to turn your passion into profits? Grab my free video training course that includes my 7-step formula to finding your true passion and identify the business idea that’s right for you!