Launching a podcast can be a lot of work. From developing a content strategy that will resonate with your ideal audience to finding the right software and equipment and building a team to support your endeavor – there is a lot that goes into creating content for this growing medium.
And once you’ve launched your podcast, your work isn’t done. Podcasting is an advanced content marketing strategy. And as many podcast hosts will say, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
I take you behind the scenes of launching my podcast with 100 episodes in 100 days, releasing three episodes each week, and I share strategies on how to improve your productivity as a podcast host. I explain why having a vision and a ‘why’ for your show is critical for a successful podcast, the type of equipment and software I use to record my episodes, and tips on how to create a name and description for your podcast. I also discuss how you can automate various processes when preparing each episode and how you can repurpose your podcast content.“Podcasting is not the best lead-generation strategy - but it is fantastic to build your authority and nurture your existing email list - especially your clients.” - Sigrun
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Getting clear on why you want to launch a podcast
- The biggest advantage of podcasting over other content mediums
- Why you need a vision and solid reason for starting a podcast
- Understanding that podcasting is a long-term content strategy
- How picking a niche can impact the success of your podcast
- Developing content ideas
- Equipment and software necessary to record and launch your show
- Why I set aside a full day for podcasting
- How to create an authoritative podcast description
- The importance of getting your podcast accepted by iTunes
- Challenges associated with marketing a podcast named after you
- Creating an intro and outro for your show
- The difference between a podcast hosting service and a podcast distribution channel
- Choosing the right podcast hosting service
- Setting up your podcast on iTunes
- The minimum number of episodes you should release on launch day
- Creating a process to stay productive
- Researching your podcast guests before inviting them on your show
- The benefits of batch recording and building a podcast team
- How to effectively use podcast transcripts to promote your show
- Strategies for repurposing your podcast episodes
- Using automation tools and strategies to increase your productivity and team collaboration
- My Podcasting Kit
- How to Repurpose 1 Podcast Episode into 11 Different Pieces of Content in Just 3 Hours
- Google Podcasts for Android now lets you share episodes and shows
- Adobe Audition
- Garageband (for Mac users)
Build a Wildly Successful Online Business – Join SOMBA!
Are you ready to make this year your best year in online business? Join the wait list for SOMBA, the only 12-month personalized growth system designed to build your business with a proven 7-STAGE SUCCESS BLUEPRINT.
If you’re ready for passion, money and freedom and to trampoline yourself into the BIGGEST, wildest version of your success, join the waitlist now and get updates on when SOMBA re-opens!
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.