We all have beginnings that got us to where we are today. The decisions we make and the people we have become are all results of our childhood experiences, lessons along the way, and the influencers in our lives. These experiences, when compiled and shared with the world, can have tremendous abilities to encourage, give hope, and inspire.
In this episode, I share my review of Michelle Obama’s book Becoming and why it’s one of the best audiobooks I have listened to. I discuss how the book moved me as I learned about Michelle’s humble beginnings before she became the First Lady of the United States as well as how her vivid descriptions of the different settings in the book can make readers feel like they are part of her story. I also share how her narrative as a working mother is an excellent source of inspiration for women who doubt themselves as well as what she did and how she felt after leaving the White House when her husband’s term as US president ended.“It’s good that Michelle Obama talks about being a working mother and can inspire more women to go after their dreams.” - Sigrun
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why I went to the Inbound Event in Boston in 2018
- What to do if you’re a fan of someone who has written a book and accepts speaking engagements
- The inspiring truth that you don’t need to be rich to be a president of a country
- The difference in the book writing approach between Michelle and former US President Barack Obama
- What makes Michelle’s book Becoming so special
- How Michelle found and pursued her passion projects
- Who gave Michelle a different perspective as she grew up in a different and challenging environment
- The fascinating language used in her book that had Michelle criticized as a black woman
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
My Challenge for You:
- Share how you like Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Follow me on Instagram at @sigruncom.
- Create an Instagram Story sharing your biggest takeaway from the book Becoming.
- Tag me in your Instagram Story.
Build Your Dream Business FREE Video Series
Are you ready to build your DREAM business? Learn the steps you need to take to turn your passions into profit and build your dream business with my new 8-week video series: Build Your Dream Business. You’ll learn how to create your vision, develop and plan your business idea, how to market your products or services, and much, much more!
What are you waiting for?
Sign up now to begin your journey to building a profitable online business!
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.