Mike Morrison discovered the potential of having an online business when he made his first dollar online more than a decade and a half ago. He is the co-founder of the company, The Membership Guys, where he plays a crucial role in the growth of successful 6 to 7-figure memberships. He has worked with big brands such as McDonald’s, ITV and Ancestry.com and owns the largest free Facebook group for membership site owners.
Mike talks about the factors to consider in creating and running a successful and growing membership site. He explains how you can establish relationships in your community and how to reduce member overwhelm and site owner overwhelm. He also goes over how you can make the experience — both yours and that of your customers — more relevant and personal despite the number of members.A membership should be this interconnecting ecosystem where it makes sense in the context of other things that you’re doing. - Mike Morrison
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why membership sites work
- How to determine if a membership site is for your business
- The common principle people miss when creating a membership
- Membership sites as a business model
- The relationship between your core focus and revenue generator
- Why you should be the number one member/fan in your community
- The biggest mistake people make in creating a membership
- The significance of idea validation before creating a community
- Two-fold role of membership site owners
- How you can take advantage of the free Facebook Group
- The three groups of people you need to follow up on
- What to do with the information you gather from the groups
- When it is fair to ask for entry fees
- Why transparency is his favorite thing about memberships
- Content vs deliverables
- You need a strategy to keep your members long term.
- Set your community’s expectations appropriately.
- If it petrifies you, don’t do a membership.
Connect with Mike Morrison:
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.