Mark Asquith is a serial entrepreneur who has established many successful businesses worldwide since 2005. On top of his design, marketing, software and digital companies, Mark is also the co-founder of Podcast Websites where he provides support to those who want to be successful podcasters. He is also the creator of Excellence Expected and The 7-Minute Mentor Podcast.
Mark joins me in this episode to talk about the essence of a good podcast. He discusses the crucial skills you need to learn to get your podcast noticed and set it apart from other shows. He also explains why his podcast is only seven minutes long and why it’s crucial to understand what makes people tick when you’re evaluating your podcast strategies.We all need to be better storytellers -- that’s the secret to a good show. - Mark Asquith
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- What inspired Mark to start a podcast
- Why people subscribe to podcasts
- Why non-entrepreneurial podcasts succeed
- How to make your interview show exciting and different
- The relationship between a host’s effort to increase downloads and what they get back
- A timely wakeup call for podcasters about downloads and your audience
- When thinking of a podcast niche, have a good concept that you believe in, stick to it, and really craft it well.
- People are not just download numbers.
- People want a deep dive or short form podcasts, nothing in between.
Connect with Mark Asquith:
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.