Janet Murray, founder of Soulful PR, is a public relations expert with a background in journalism and 17 years of experience in writing for popular online and offline publications. She specializes in helping entrepreneurs of small businesses promote their brands and market themselves in the media. She is a consultant, a speaker, and an author who has been invited on radio, TV, magazines, and newspapers.
Janet shares the turning point that made her want to help entrepreneurs with PR and the reason why she pursued being an entrepreneur while working in journalism. She also tells us the four things you need to do to advertise your company and generate leads as well as the simple and advanced methods of getting free PR for online business.It’s about being creative and think, ‘How can I make that story relevant to my business where possible?’ - Janet Murray
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Janet started her business with a blog
- Advantages of writing press releases
- Using Twitter to reach out to journalists
- Why sign up for media inquiry services
- What newsjacking is and how it works
- The kind of content journalists are interested in
- How credibility plays in marketing your business
- Focus on content marketing, email, social media, and press releases.
- Journalists are hungry for content.
Connect with Janet Murray:
- Soulful PR with Janet Murray
- Soulful PR with Janet Murray Membership
- Janet’s book: Your Press Release is Breaking My Heart
- Janet on Instagram
- Janet on Twitter
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.