Every business owner makes a mistake at some point in their entrepreneurial journey. Sometimes, these mistakes are small and easy to fix, but sometimes they can be very costly. One of the most common – and most expensive – mistakes that many new entrepreneurs make is hiring the wrong person on their team.
I am an experienced businesswoman and I have been running businesses since 2004. So, I have extensive experience with hiring the right people.
But, I am also human. Sometimes, I make mistakes.
In this episode, I share how making a mistake by hiring the wrong person cost me $50,000 and took a year to fix. I explain how messy books eventually led to sounding an alarm to my local tax authorities, how I finally realized I hired the wrong bookkeeper for my business, and the steps I took to fix the problem. I also explain the importance of basing your hiring decisions on the person’s qualifications and skill instead of your budget.“A sloppy bookkeeper is not a good sign.” - Sigrun
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How hiring the wrong bookkeeper can be a costly mistake
- Why I hired a bookkeeper to manage my business books
- Why I began using PayPal and Stripe to process invoice payments
- The importance of knowing the details of your business books
- How hiring the wrong bookkeeper led to my business being audited by tax authorities
- Lessons I learned about hiring a qualified bookkeeper
- Review your business books often to ensure they are accurate.
- Hire a qualified bookkeeper.
- Remember: You get what you pay for.
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.