Steve Dotto is Canada’s most respected geek. He is the host and Executive Producer of Dotto Tech, a nationally syndicated TV show that teaches millions of Canadians the various aspects of technology. As an entertaining, yet informative keynote speaker, he has presented on stages like Social Media Marketing World, MacWorld, Canadian Independent Marketing Conference, and Agents of Change. His mission is to help others understand and master technology – at home, at school, and at work. He is passionate about helping others take charge of technology and discover their “inner geek.”
Steve and I discuss the surprising advantages of niching down your audience focus on YouTube. He explains the value of building and listening to your audience and community and how they can help you discover the direction you need to take with your YouTube channel. He also shares his thoughts on repurposing content on YouTube, the importance of being consistent in your publishing schedule, and the lessons he learned by splitting his channel into multiple channels to hyperfocus on a specific niche audience.“The more you niche, the better you are.” - Steve Dotto
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Steve got started on YouTube and content marketing
- How YouTube celebrates milestones with creators
- The value of building and listening to your audience and community
- Not focusing on subscriber numbers – and what to focus on instead.
- How YouTube can help you build authority in your industry
- What to consider when creating YouTube content
- Consistently publishing content on YouTube
- Having clarity around the content you produce
- How to effectively repurpose content on YouTube
- Respecting your audience’s time – as well as your content
- Lessons he learned from niching down on YouTube
- How niching down impacted his subscriber numbers
- Why he split his YouTube channel into two separate channels – and how it impacted the growth of both channels
- Setting strategic goals for your channel
- Identifying the right platform for your content – and your audience
- Dealing with negative comments and feedback on YouTube
Connect with Steve Dotto:
Build Your Dream Business FREE Video Series
Are you ready to build your DREAM business? Learn the steps you need to take to turn your passions into profit and build your dream business with my new 8-week video series: Build Your Dream Business. You’ll learn how to create your vision, develop and plan your business idea, how to market your products or services, and much, much more!
What are you waiting for?
Sign up now to begin your journey to building a profitable online business!
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.