Suzanne Dibble is a multiple award-winning business attorney and an expert on data protection and GDPR regulation with a strong passion for helping small business owners and entrepreneurs protect and grow their online businesses. She has worked closely with many famous entrepreneurial leaders and innovators including Richard Branson and Simon Woodroffe. She is recognized as one of the few lawyers that truly understand the online business world as well as regulatory law and policy and how it affects small business.
Suzanne joins me in this episode and explains what online entrepreneurs need to do to become compliant with the GDPR laws and regulations. She talks about the difference between the GDPR’s general consent requirements and freely given consent, how to encourage current subscribers to re-engage with your content while meeting the GDPR requirements, and how entrepreneurs can continue to use freebies to grow their list. She also explains the importance of conducting a Legitimate Interest Assessment, whether using a double opt-in approach to your list building strategy is enough to comply with the GDPR requirements, and how to prepare for potential complaints regarding the data privacy of your email list.You have got to take steps to be compliant with GDPR, but don’t stress about every single, tiny detail. - Suzanne Dibble
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How the GDPR regulations may impact your online business
- How supervisory authorities are working with small businesses
- How to meet the standard requirements regarding consent to comply with GDPR standards
- How to properly – and legally – use check boxes on your newsletter forms
- The importance of keeping a record of your email subscribers consent and what information you should record
- How to encourage your current email subscribers to re-engage with your newsletter while complying with GDPR regulations
- Best practices for using free content, downloads, and webinars as lead magnets to grow your email list after May 25
- What “legitimate interest grounds” means and what it involves regarding the GDPR law
- The importance of conducting a Legitimate Interest Assessment of your email list
- How double opt-in consent impacts your ability to comply with GDPR requirements
- How to prepare for potential complaints regarding data privacy and GDPR compliance
- Don’t panic over the new GDPR law.
- Keep a record of how you acquired consent from each subscriber and how you are using their data.
- Use this time as an opportunity to clean your list.
Connect with Suzanne Dibble:
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.