Mark Schaefer is an author, speaker, podcaster and business consultant and has one of the top five marketing blogs in the world. He teaches graduate marketing classes at Rutgers University and has written sevenl best-selling books. Mark recently launched his book Marketing Rebellion, which ranks as number one in the Marketing and Advertising categories on Amazon. Mark’s clients include global brands such as Dell, Adidas, and the US Air Force to name a few. He has also made guest appearances on national media channels such as CNN, CBS News, and The New York Times.
Mark joins me today to share the basic principles discussed in his new book, Marketing Rebellion, where he identifies the lies and secrets in the marketing industry. We discuss the crucial mindset change that today’s marketers and advertisers need to make, as well as what to do as business leaders about adjusting to the changes in marketing trends. Mark also shares with me the root of what businesses should be doing in marketing and what’s missing in today’s marketing according to the Father of Marketing himself, Philip Kotler.“Psychology, sociology, anthropology - marketing is all things human.” - Mark Schaefer
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why writing a book is a huge family commitment
- The tipping point that drove Mark to write his new book
- What the marketing industry says about the statement “Loyalty is dead”
- The new, current, and effective Marketing Department of businesses today
- Why people don’t believe businesses and ads anymore
- The three phases of marketing and advertising
- The only demographic that’s making time to view the ads on Facebook
- Why small businesses have a big advantage over big companies in the current marketing rebellion
- What makes it hard for gigantic companies to make the shift to humanized marketing
- What businesses should have to connect with today’s consumers
- The problems Mark addressed in his previous books
Connect with Mark Schaefer:
- Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins
- Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age
- The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies to Ignite Your Content, Your Marketing, and Your Business
Grab Your FREE Plan Your Profits Success Guide
Are you ready to maximize your profits as an online entrepreneur? Scaling your business and increasing your revenue doesn’t magically happen! It takes planning and strategy to make it happen. Learn how smart, savvy entrepreneurs plan their business for success with my free Plan Your Profits Success Guide.
Please share, subscribe and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Learn how to leave a review, then head over to Apple Podcasts for your chance to win a special thank you gift!