There is a famous quote that says, “No man is an island.” This saying is especially true in business. Part of building your business is growing your network. Even those who don’t plan to be business owners make connections. Networking is a skill you can learn, better to start today than later.
In this episode, I share how to build and grow your network especially when attending conferences and events. I also talk about the right mindset that will allow you to establish long-term relationships for your business, how to network at conventions, and how to include networking as part of your business building efforts.When you build a network, you have to go into it without being selfish. - Sigrun
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why now is the time to make connections
- The wrong motivation when connecting with people
- Why Lewis Howes has a fantastic network of people
- Mistakes to learn from
- Where the actual networking happens in conferences
- Why you should prepare your online profiles and accounts
- How often you should attend events and conferences
- Give, give, give before you ask.
- Networking is not about meeting lots of people.
- Talk with people longer. Connect with them on social media. Follow up and build genuine relationships, authentic connections.
- Known by Mark Schaefer
- Episode 3: How to Start Your Podcast the Easy Way with Kate Erickson
- Episode 5: How to Become Known in 30 Months or Less with Mark Schaefer
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.