Mike Vardy is a productivity strategist, the creator of TimeCrafting, and the founder of Productivityist, a company that helps you be productive instead of merely checking things off your to-do list. He is also a contributing author at Success Magazine, Lifehacker, and 99u, and a former Managing Editor at Lifehack. He also had the privilege to speak at TEDxVictoria, South by Southwest Interactive, and NAPO as well as create successful courses for Skillshare and CreativeLIVE.
Mike shares how journaling makes you more productive and teaches you how to theme your day and funnel your focus. He explains how journaling is a way to slow down and the benefits it has on your ability to get more accomplished throughout your day. He also shares why he believes why paying attention to your intentions is the key to becoming truly productive.When you want to foster awareness and be more productive, look to where you’ve been, not just where you’re going. - Mike Vardy
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Mike became a productivity strategist
- Where the real problem with time management lies
- Why slowing down is essential to productivity
- How to theme your days
- Confirmation bias and how to overcome it
- What is Timecrafting
- The difference between strategies and tactics
- How journaling helps you foster awareness to become more productive
- When to do low energy tasks and high energy tasks
- Productivity isn’t about efficiency or effectiveness. It’s about intention and attention.
- Work backward from your certainties and then start to figure out the themes of your day.
- Minutes are very quantitative. Moments are very qualitative. You need a right mix of both.
- Take .3% or five minutes of your day just to write because you are worth it.
Connect with Mike Vardy:
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.