The concept of “profit first,” as written in Mike Michalowicz’s book, Profit First, is based on Parkinson’s Law with principles derived from healthy lifestyle habits. Mike’s philosophy is that business owners and entrepreneurs should deduct their profits from their revenue first, then their salary, then finally, their taxes. Anything left over after these deductions should be used toward business expenses.
In this episode, I tell you why I believe the “profit first” concept is a bad idea for entrepreneurs who want to grow their online businesses quickly. I also share the strategy I used to build a highly successful online business that broke each principle of the “profit first” concept.You need to invest forward as an online entrepreneur. - Sigrun
In this episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why the “profit first” concept is not suitable for every entrepreneur
- How the “profit first” philosophy can affect your business growth
- Budgeting tips to build a big business without using the “profit first” concept
- Addressing tax concerns while growing your online business
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Money is your fuel – it’s the fuel of your business.
- As an entrepreneur, you need to be willing to invest forward.
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.